Essentials in Nonprofit Governance and Fundraising
For First-Time Board Members
Do you want to give back to your community?
Do you want to expand your network?
Serving on a nonprofit board can help you do all of the above and more!
Come find out what it means to be a board member and how
to identify the best fit for you!
Essentials in Nonprofit Governance and Fundraising for First-Time Board Members is specialized training for emerging leaders who are considering service on a nonprofit board for the first time.
Topics included are:
- Board governance
- Roles for staff and board
- Financial oversight
- Fundraising and philanthropy
Prospective board members will learn:
- The basics about Strategic Plans and Development Plans
- How to understand financial statements
- Conflict of Interest laws
- How to ensure the organization’s financial sustainability
- Key fundraising roles for board members
- How to assess whether an organization is the best fit for you
- Tips for the most productive board meetings ever
Two workshops to choose from in June:
Wednesday, June 26 from 7:30am to 10:30am
This workshop will be held at the American Cancer Society
2 Commerce Street, Suite 11, Bedford, NH 03110
The cost of a three-hour Essentials for New Board Members workshop is $50 per person, which includes customized take-aways and a light meal. It is suggested that this fee be shared between the participant and his/her employer whose company will benefit by being able to offer well-trained board members to the community.
This investment could make you the most sought-after board prospect in town! You will be able to present yourself with confidence to those nonprofit organizations seeking new board members through Leadership New Hampshire, Stay-Work-Play and the Council on Fundraising.