Here are the facts:
- 85% of nonprofits experienced an increase in the demand for services in 2011.
- This is on top of years of increased demand: previous NFF surveys found that 77% of nonprofits experienced an increase in demand in 2010; 71% experienced an increase in 2009; and 73% experienced an increase in 2008.
- 88% expect an increase in demand for services in 2012.
- 57% have 3 months or less cash-on-hand.
- 87% said their financial outlook won’t get any better in 2012.
But this is just a fraction of what the data show. This year, for the first time we’re enabling you to explore the data yourself. Our NFF Survey Analyzer at survey.nonprofitfinancefund.org allows you to investigate questions that cut across sub-sectors, budget size, and geography. We invite you to share what you discover via e-mail and social media. If you’d like to find out what additional slices of the survey data are available, please email us at email@example.com.
- NFF Survey Analyzer: Explore the survey data yourself with this easy-to-use site that allows you to filter by sector, geography, and budget size.
- Survey Brochure: (download as a pdf) See a clear snapshot of the results, with charts, key points, and data visualizations.
- Press Release
- Full Results: National (excel)
- National Summary powerpoint (pdf)
- In their Words: A collection of some striking responses to questions from the survey
- Media Coverage
- Sincerest thanks to our 100+ distribution partners!
- Survey Methodology (pdf)
2012 survey generously supported by the Bank of America Charitable Foundation